Pump Order Process
To order a pump upgrade, please following the following instructions:
- Place your order online. We will not start work on any package received until we have received payment. This has not always been the case but we have built several pumps that people could not afford to pay for after they were completed, thus we were out time and materials for the upgrade.
- Remove your core pump - we do not sell cores. On om617 engines, timing is 24 BTDC with the mark on the notch unless you have a rare pump where the mark is not under the bolt, then the notch is aligned on tooth 3. For om60x pumps, timing is 8-10 ATDC, NOT the factory setting.
- Prepare for shipping.
- Drain the oil
- Remove unnecessary accessories. Accessories like fuel lines, banjo fittings, drive couplers (om617), lift pumps, etc are not needed and simply get bagged when they arrive at Bosch. There is no need to send these.
- om617 MW pumps, we NEED the ADLA but shippers have been hard on pumps and the most common issue is that boxes are dropped on the ALDA or other boxes are placed on the box. Simply removing the ALDA and putting it in the box can save a lot of time and money by preventing the damage.
- om60x pumps, we do not need the ALDA at all
- Double back in a thick gauge plastic bags
- We DO need shutoff valves installed on the pumps
- Charges. The customer pays shipping to us and we have estimated return shipping. If customers send in heavy or elaborate packages that must be returned (like plastic totes or wooden crates), additional shipping charges may be added
- No leaks: Please be sure to package it up so it doesn’t leak … wrapping it in a thick mil trash bag usually works fine after draining the oil out of it. Some carriers will return it if it’s leaking. Make sure to drain all the oil before packaging
- Pad it well: We had a customer’s pump go through the box when shipped with UPS. They assumed it was damaged and threw it away!
- Declared value: Ship the pump with an amount you value your core pump at. UPS threw the above pump away and did not reimburse the shipper because he did not put a value on it
- Include order information. Include a copy of your order in the box so I know its yours. We upgrade a lot of pumps and without documentation as to ownership, we will not know whose it is if the shipping label is damaged.
- We are not responsible for pumps damaged in transit to us. You will need to work with your selected transport company through the claims process. We are happy to hold the parts for 30 days and take supporting pictures as needed to help with your claim
- If we ship your pump to a partner, unbuilt pumps are insured for $500 and fully built pumps are insured for $999. If you would like additional insurance, additional fees will apply. Any damage done, or loss incurred, during the shipping process will only pay out the maximum insured value, thus if you order a pump upgrade and a carrier loses your pump yet there is evidence it was shipped, the maximum reimbursement is $999 - not to value of your core and another upgrade service. Please let us know if you would like full coverage in advance. This gets costly as it requires us to get driver signatures and pay additional fees.
- Other mentions.
- Some pumps arrive very worn. Additional costs may be incurred for flyweight repair or other misc. costs. We will always communicate this with you prior to proceeding further. If these fixes are required for proper calibration and not performed, the services will not be under warranty and additional labor to remove upgraded parts may be encountered to reassemble pumps. Said services are not the norm but can run around $100 depending on the extent of wear.
Once ready, please mail it to:
15511 Hwy 71 West
Ste 110, #550
Austin, TX 78738
Have a Wicked fun day!